Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
Next Course Details
Loading course dates, please wait...
Contact Sue Burston
Telephone: 01959 569516
Held over a series of 3 two-day modules plus a Live Action Coaching Day and supported by an e-learning programme, participants work with the AoEC’s comprehensive coaching model of Beginnings, Middles and Endings to mirror the Executive Coaching process.
The Practitioner Diploma provides a solid grounding in the principles and practice of coaching.
“I have found the AoEC diploma course to have been both rewarding and extremely useful. The balance of directed learning, course work and supervised coaching practice has been the right mix for me. Most powerful has been the in-house coaching sessions where there has been opportunity to practice and receive meaningful feedback.” - Matt Lock, Graduate, Sports Scotland
Qualification: Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
Accreditation: Middlesex University, EMCC, ICF ACSTH, AC recognised course.
AoEC expectations of participants: To attend all the modules, to take part in the tutorials for each module, to have a minimum of two practice clients and to complete the required coursework.
Training progression: Graduation from the Practitioner Diploma provides you with a free entry process to the Advanced Practitioner Diploma. This takes the form of a thorough coaching competency assessment leading to a robust learning plan.
What will you learn?
1. Beginnings: engaging the client
- develop a clearer understanding of contracting with client, coach and sponsor
- study key coaching frameworks and models to clarify goals and objectives
- enhance your listening and questioning skills in practice sessions with direct feedback
- start to develop your own personal, unique coaching framework
- clarify your understanding of ethical guidelines and professional standards
- establish peer coaching relationships to promote coaching practice
2. Middles: deepening the understanding
- utilise creative techniques to enable deeper understanding
- assess your client's developmental and emotional needs
- clarify the boundaries of your personal coaching practice
- explore the nature of personal and professional change
- experience supervised coaching practice
- be alert to both explicit and tacit information and its impact on coaching outcome
- perform mid-term reviews with client and sponsor
3. Endings: successful review and closure
- understand how your own experience of organisations influences your approach
- explore coaching within an organisational context
- provide organisational feedback in a way that respects the confidentiality of the client
- explore the importance of ethics in executive coaching
- manage the ‘psychology of endings’, providing healthy closure for client, coach
- employ solutions-focused coaching tools to achieve client outcomes
- build a strong professional client relationship based upon trust, respect and rapport
- draw upon a significant body of psychologically grounded coaching skills, to promote client development, encourage breakthroughs and deepen understanding
- align coaching to the business and organisational context
- manage effective closure to exceed client, coach and sponsor expectations
Who is it for?
The programme is primarily for experienced managers, trainers, consultants and life coaches.
This programme is also available for delivery as an in-house coach training programme. Please contact Karen Smart at email@example.com for further details.
Substantial people development experience in management, training, counselling or consulting.
Equivalent to UG degree / NVQ5
Represents 60 Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH). The ICF requires 60 Coach Specific Training Hours when applying by Portfolio Method for individual coach accreditation for ACC (Associate Certified Coach).
Middlesex University / Professional Development Foundation
20 level 6 credits through Middlesex University
Association for Coaching
AC Recognised course
- completion of the three modules + LACD (Live Action Coaching Day) in sequence on a single programme
- an individual coaching tutorial after module 2 and 3, to embed the personal learning and experience the process of being coached
- participation in 6 group discussions (3 tutor lead) by webinar after each of the 3 modules to deepen your understanding
- completion of the online programme to support and develop your learning further
- successful participation in and completion of the work for the Live Action Coaching Day, assessment, closure and ongoing development
- presentation of your unique and developing coaching framework and model
- reflective essay on your personal learning journey
- live demonstration of your coaching
- recommendation for ongoing study
Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching
Based in Scotland, Brigid is an independent executive coach and consultant working with a range of public and private sector clients across the UK. She has extensive experience over the past 20 years of working with senior teams and leaders. She is focused on the potential value she can add to the development of individuals, teams and organisations and inspired by the potential of change and learning.
She has both the Advanced and Master Practitioner Diplomas in Executive Coaching from the Academy of Executive Coaching and is close to completing the Certificate in Supervision from Bath Consultancy Group. As part of her contribution to the coaching profession, she is now fulfilling in a voluntary capacity the role as Regional Director Scotland (Designate) for EMCC UK.
She began her career as a manager in the National Health Service. After completing a MBA at Manchester Business School in 1995, she worked for the Hay Group as a management consultant for over ten years where she progressed to the position of Associate Director.
Based in Scotland, Kay is an executive coach and leadership consultant with public and private sector clients. She has 15 years international senior management experience, including: working at NHS Board Director level; developing high profile executive coaching and leadership development programmes; tutoring for 15 years on a range of MBA programmes. Kay is a highly experienced, professional, and accredited coach; she has gained the Diploma in Advanced Executive Coaching and the Master Coach Practitioner Diploma with the AoEC. She is passionate about learning and human growth; and in working with leaders, to enhance personal, leadership, team and organisational effectiveness. Kay is currently training in gestalt psychotherapy, with Edinburgh Gestalt Institute.